- Redesigned autogenerated documentation and website
- Added SQL support with MySQL ready to go
- Added BerkeleyDB XML support
- Added BerkeleyDB Java Edition support
- Upgraded to tomcat-5.0.19 and xerces-2.6.2
- Upgraded to commons-httpclient-2.0
- Upgraded to xom-1.0d25
- Upgraded to jug-1.1.0
- Upgraded to saxon-7.9.1
- Many more changes and improvements - stay tuned
- Fixed bug in fire-validate causing bad conversion of certain paths or URIs on Windows.
- Made cgi support more secure and flexible.
- Added Demo HTML GUI. Read more.
- Upgraded to saxon-7.7.0
- Upgraded to commons-httpclient-2.0rc2
- Fixed bug in server-side CGI script support.
- Improved serialization/deserialization performance.
- Note: Setting log level below 'INFO' still yields bad performance.
- Added server-side CGI script support. See python examples in
- Reformulated responseMode in p2pio.xsd so that pyOGSI can handle it.
- Complete WSDL compliant SOAP/HTTP handling.
- Handle SOAP Faults according to WSDL schema.
- Minor improvements to XML and WSDL schemas in
- When building distribution tar files, execute permissions on Unix scripts are
- Renamed Discofish project to Firefish project (everywhere).
- Added to CVS repository (see navigation bar on left).
- Replaced manual message parsing with JAXB-generated parsing; enabled automatic
- Simplified and reorganized jaxb parsing packages and fixed remaining bugs along
- Improved XML schemas; they are now in
- Added WSDL schemas to
firefish/src/schemas/, using straightforward
SOAP document/literal encoding.
- Fixed xsd:dateTime parsing bug by upgrading to nightly build of xsdlib.jar.
- Minor improvements to paths used in startup scripts.
- Upgraded to xom-1.0d21.
- More and better examples for queries usable by command line tools.
- Added full Windows support in addition to the already present Unix support.
- Added Windows .bat startup scripts.
- Moved build system to ANT.
ant deploy now deploys into
firefish/webapps/ is now a read-only template directory.
- Minor cleanups here and there.
- Due too an obscure bug, Winzip and possibly other Windows decompression tools
may miss empty directories such as
tomcat/logs from tar[.gz]
files. Consequently, use the .zip download file on Windows, and DO NOT
decompress tar[.gz] files on Windows.
- Tested everything on Linux and Windows.
- Improved documentation on installation and building.
- Reorganized directory structure and build system.
moved into the
firefish top directory and get automatically
picked up no matter where the current directory is.
- Jar files are now duplicated in
firefish/lib and in
firefish/webapps/firefish/WEB-INF/lib (symlinks would not
work well cross-platform and in particular not with tomcat/axis)
catalina-base/webapps is now
- Files are compiled into
tomcat-startup they are copied to
firefish/webapps/firefish/WEB-INF/classes. (Once we move to
ant this should better be done at build time). If you use an IDE instead
of the Makefile, please configure the IDE to compile into
- Upgraded to xom-1.0d20
FireCallQuick more configurable
Configuration a singleton
- Minor cleanups here and there
- No changes to packages
- Clean up of packages
- Simplified startup scripts and GNUMakefile
- Added simple SOAP servlet and simple SOAP client adapters (using commons-httpclient)
- Added TRACE level to log4j