||don't get the wrong idea about what you've found here
What appears below are my personal notes I wish
were part of my long-term memory but don't always seem to fit. I
strive for accuracy and clarity and appreciate feedback. If applying any of this information
anywhere, confirm for youself the correctness of your work as what
you see below might very well be, albeit unintentionally, incorrect
or misleading. These notes are here as an easy reference for
Information worthy of a more formal presentation
will appear elsewhere than this "Scratch" area. - ksb
KSB's Mozilla Notes
- Type about:plugins to see what plugins are installed.
(This doesn't seem to work as an href...)
is the place I learned most of this.
- Java plugin:
- As root: cd to the system plugin dir
(/usr/local/mozilla/plugin/) and symlink in the
libjavaplugin_oji.so from your jdk installation.
example: ln -s /usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
- Restart mozilla.
- Test it here. You
should see a clock
- Flash plugin:
- Get the latest flash player from Macromedia. Try these links:
- As root: copy the libflashplayer.so into the system
plugin dir (/usr/local/mozilla/plugin/).
- Then in the system components dir
(/usr/local/mozilla/components/) copy in
- Restart mozilla.
- Test it here.
You should see an flash window that says "Installation
- As learned from spellchecker.mozdev.org
- Go to the spellchecker
installation page, find the verion of Moz you are running and,
while running Moz as root, click on the install link.
- This doesn't appear to be working right now for Moz 1.4 (rc2?). They probably haven't built it yet for 1.4 (non-b).
- Check the file /usr/local/mozilla/install.log for
what that installation did.
- I'd like to know how to install it without having to run Moz
as root and just unpack .tar file or some such...
Keith S. Beattie is
responsible for this document, located at
http://dst.lbl.gov/~ksb/Scratch/mozilla.html, which is subject
to LBNL's Privacy &
Security Notice, Copyright Status and Disclaimers.
Last Modified: Monday, 25-Feb-2013 16:57:57 PST