A Scalable and Secure Peer-to-Peer
Information Sharing Tool
Collaboration Technologies Group
Distributed Systems Department
Computational Research Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
|Home||Progress Reports||People||Publications and Presentations||Software|
Reporting period - This report covers work completed January 2005 - March 2005
Work on the scalable and secure peer-to-peer information sharing tool project focused on publicizing our work, updated releases of the implementation, and supporting our software user community.
In an effort to publicize our current work we presented our work at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC).
We have continued to provide updated releases of the implementation. The software is located at http://www.dsd.lbl.gov/scishare. The updates have addressed bug reports and new features, such as:
- Allowing the user to add CAs to the trusted list from a .pem file
A full list of the improvements and bug fixes in each of the releases can be found at http://dsd.lbl.gov/scishare/whatsnew.html.
- Scishare: A Secure P2P Information Sharing Tool
Presented by K. Berket at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC), Feb. 17, 2005. (pdf)
Workshops, Conferences and Meetings
- GlobusWorld, Boston, MA, Feb. 7-11, 2005.
- Meeting with potential users at the San Diego Supercomputer Center, San Diego, CA, Feb. 17-18, 2005.
- instrumentation of system characteristics
- continue adding security mechanisms to the implementation
- enhance the user interface and application functionality based on feedback from initial users
Contact: Webmaster <email@example.com>
Credits: A Scalable and Secure Peer-to-Peer Information Sharing Tool research and development is funded by the U.S. Dept. of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research, Mathematical, Information, and Computational Sciences Division; Support Credits identify the funding sources and the organizational context of the work described in this document.