A Scalable and Secure Peer-to-Peer
Information Sharing Tool
Collaboration Technologies Group
Distributed Systems Department
Computational Research Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
|Home||Progress Reports||People||Publications and Presentations||Software|
Reporting period - This report covers work completed January 2004 - March 2004
On the information-sharing portion of the project, we have continued to work on a graphical user interface and the application logic. We have added the following functionality to the application and interface:
Work on the scalable and secure peer-to-peer information sharing tool project focused on security and enhancements to the initial prototype implementation
Work on the security aspects focused on improvements of the software components based on feedback from the demo at SuperComputing 2003. The most significant accomplishments are the addition of distributed groups to the access control software and securing the transport of metadata.
- completed work on extending the application components such that they may be individually run from the command line - we have completed all of the components. This also allows for better separation of the application-specific logic and interface from the system.
- completed work on extending the Java graphical interface such that individual components may be run independently; this facilitates instrumentation of the system as well as allowing greater freedom to the users.
- included distributed groups to the graphical interface for access control.
- secured the transport of metadata
We are expecting an initial release of the software in the next quarter.
Workshops and Conferences
- Global Grid Forum 10, Berlin, Germany, March 9-13, 2004.
- continue adding security mechanisms to the implementation
- enhance the user interface and application functionality based on feedback from initial users
- initial software release
- begin instrumentation of system characteristics on the Planetlab network
Contact: Webmaster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Credits: A Scalable and Secure Peer-to-Peer Information Sharing Tool research and development is funded by the U.S. Dept. of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research, Mathematical, Information, and Computational Sciences Division; Support Credits identify the funding sources and the organizational context of the work described in this document.